Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: which mobile?

Quote Originally Posted by paralreg View Post
    I don't text, browse, game, photo or anything else with my phone, I just ring people, this prevents any of the misunderstandings so rife with texting. So I want a phone with a good battery life and a huge number capacity nothing else, No damn chance, it's either all singing and dancing or use a land line. Why should I have to have a phone priced at several hundreds of pounds when I do not want 90% of its gizmo's? One Orange "Customer Service" man told me they don't make phones for my group as I am too old, phone are made for the target age group of, get this, 14 to 24!!!
    Try going into the small shops and asking for exactly that.

I last bought "the cheapest flip phone that's not pink" for 20(I think) a museum peice but it has a big battery. Even got a camera on it.

They got it out of the cellar.
    I've finally got a web site to work!! See my page thingy.

What is it with gadgets? I'm not exactly a technophobe but this necessity some people seem to be inflicted with to constantly have the latest phone does my head in. It's a fashin item for some people and when as sometimes happens talk of ringtones starts to dominate the conversation I make my excuses.
    It is not racist to be concerned about immigration.

Para, I have a draw full of old telephones. Amongst them, I have 2 Nokia 2600s which work very well indeed. Keep one as a spare. A Nokia 3310. A Nokia 3210. Hmmm seem to have misplaced a 2600 but if you want the 3310 you can have it. I am sure that I have a charger somewhere for it as well. Having said that, I am sure that you might have some family members who also have draws full of old mobiles.
    angelmanuk.org
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Rackham View Post
    What is it with gadgets? I'm not exactly a technophobe but this necessity some people seem to be inflicted with to constantly have the latest phone does my head in. It's a fashin item for some people and when as sometimes happens talk of ringtones starts to dominate the conversation I make my excuses.
    I find those adverts about being embarrassed about your mobile really quite sad. I want to upgrade because my E72 is the most complicated phone I have ever had, and has a lot of annoyances on it. I usually don't bother upgrading and go on a SIM only contract which is a lot cheaper than getting a phone thrown in for "free".
    angelmanuk.org
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've got 2 Nokia flip tops, 1 Nokia Slide and a cute Samsung still in a drawer.. plus I've already previously taken loads of others to Swisscom for re-cycling. I am not aware of any market here for used phones.. The telecom providers tempt you with cheap new-model upgrades to keep you with them, and it works.
    Quote Originally Posted by angelman View Post
    Para, I have a draw full of old telephones. Amongst them, I have 2 Nokia 2600s which work very well indeed. Keep one as a spare. A Nokia 3310. A Nokia 3210. Hmmm seem to have misplaced a 2600 but if you want the 3310 you can have it. I am sure that I have a charger somewhere for it as well. Having said that, I am sure that you might have some family members who also have draws full of old mobiles.

Until about a year ago I had one of these, had it for years...

Nokia-3310.jpg
    It is not racist to be concerned about immigration.

ahhh the 3310 that I offered to Para. Good phones. Best thing about them is battery life and RECEPTION which seemingly is not that important these days with these "smart" phones. I would use one like that but I do need email as I run my own business and when I am out and about, need to pick up mail.
    angelmanuk.org

Quote Originally Posted by Marilyn View Post
    I am not aware of any market here for used phones.. The telecom providers tempt you with cheap new-model upgrades to keep you with them, and it works.
    There is a huge market for old mobiles. They get sent to Africa and re-sold there. Because we discard them while in perfect working order, there is no need to bin them.
    angelmanuk.org

There is a huge market for old mobiles. They get sent to Africa and re-sold there. Because we discard them while in perfect working order, there is no need to bin them.
    Not here though .. you see the odd personal ad from someone trying to sell one, but I've no idea what Swisscom do with those handed in for recycling.

ahhh the 3310
    The 3310 that could be converted to the spy phone with a software flash. Then you could leave it somewhere, ring it, it would automatically answer without ringing or lighting up or any display, just a blank screen.

Nokia 3310 Spy Bug Phone | Spy Review

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast