Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Politics Lounge

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Butcher View Post
    You may already have seen that today we have added a 'Politics Lounge' section which is for general political discussion for Trusted Members only. If you aren't a 'Trusted Member' you won't be able to see it.
    That's.....well addressing those who can't see the post struck me as a bit amusing.

OK politics.
    I have previously posted that I don't agree with party politics. We have around six hundred MPs. They are on one side or other of the divide. But how many actually contribute to policy?
    Overwhelmingly, members vote with the party. The toe the party line. Free votes are rare.
    Public squabbling among the ranks has become a bit more prevalent with the current incumbent uneasy coalition government.
    We, the largely uninformed public, vote for largely unqualified candidates to represent us probably mostly based on the colour of their coats. And then they bend to the will of those who occupy unelected high office.
    Seems to to be neither democratic nor common sense.
    Si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes.

Gardening Leave

Quote Originally Posted by Besoeker View Post
    Congratulations lady from the southern hemisphere of potjie expertise.
    Thank you B.

Gardening Leave

H'mmm not sure if you trust me but ......here I am..

OK politics.
    I have previously posted that I don't agree with party politics. We have around six hundred MPs. They are on one side or other of the divide. But how many actually contribute to policy?
    Overwhelmingly, members vote with the party. The toe the party line. Free votes are rare.
    Public squabbling among the ranks has become a bit more prevalent with the current incumbent uneasy coalition government.
    We, the largely uninformed public, vote for largely unqualified candidates to represent us probably mostly based on the colour of their coats. And then they bend to the will of those who occupy unelected high office.
    Seems to to be neither democratic nor common sense.
    I intentionally did not join the AV debate - but believe the retention of FPTP will keep the major parties in power to the detriment of minor ones, who IMO may become nothing more than large pressure groups.

They are on one side or other of the divide. But how many actually contribute to policy?
    Under the circumstances I expect more of the same.

Gardening Leave

Hi Ian , wish you could be given permission to enter the politics lounge. (I know Ian as a long time poster from my former forum.)

Trusted Member

Anthony

Is it possible to lock trusted members inside the Politics Lounge and if so can I please have the key?...............
    Last edited by Exorcist; 24-05-2011 at 04:27 PM.
    Meet the New Boss........same as the Old Boss.

---Truth is hate for those who hate the Truth.

It's a conspiracy of course, we are in there working on the agenda for the next Bilderberg conf...

Quote Originally Posted by Exorcist View Post
    Anthony

Is it possible to lock trusted members inside the Politics Lounge and if so can I please have the key?...............

Gardening Leave

Quote Originally Posted by Marilyn View Post
    It's a conspiracy of course, we are in there working on the agenda for the next Bilderberg conf...
    We're building a landing pad for UFOs from Alpha Centauri ...

Quote Originally Posted by Dee-Dee View Post
    We're building a landing pad for UFOs from Alpha Centauri ...
    Ssshhhh .. don't get him started.. let's pretend we will be discussing his beloved conspiracies >> the nuclear bomb that wasn't, the NWO-joose thing, the Hitler diaries, the protocols, the grassy knoll, the self-exploding towers, the whereabouts of bin Laden.. etcetcetc .. he'll be so envious.

Gardening Leave

Quote Originally Posted by Marilyn View Post
    Ssshhhh .. don't get him started.. let's pretend we will be discussing his beloved conspiracies >> the nuclear bomb that wasn't, the NWO-joose thing, the Hitler diaries, the protocols, the grassy knoll, the self-exploding towers, the whereabouts of bin Laden.. etcetcetc .. he'll be so envious.
    Okay, I'll keep quiet about my library of files on why the controllers are putting flouride in toothpaste.

Quote Originally Posted by Dee-Dee View Post
    Hi Ian , wish you could be given permission to enter the politics lounge. (I know Ian as a long time poster from my former forum.)
    Help him out then. Give him some rep

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast