Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bits'n'Bobs

Gardening Leave

Quote Originally Posted by Marilyn View Post
    Instead of trying to create a troll-free zone, how about sorting out the forum as a whole ?

i.e. .. no more tolerance of multi-IDs-aka-socks-aka-trolls .. and banning 1 should mean banning all of those connected & permanently.
    Any single-ID poster who gets a temp.banning is very unlikely to return imo .. I sure wouldn't .. so those banned who do return are more than likely to have a bunch of socks on rotation. You can actually spot them talking to each other i.e. themselves You could also set up a "hate the jews/blacks" etc.. sub-forum and quarantine it with a foot&mouth disease alert to enter at one's own peril .. I think I am joking.

I assume you know who they all are anyway.. pretty much, so eliminate as many as possible and elevate the forum's image. Might be quite a lot of work up front, but it would cut down a lot of the modding that's required right now.
    I like the idea of the core issues or threads or whatever they were, though. If they had their own section I would stay in it entirely and never stray widdershins the great divide again.

Quote Originally Posted by Marilyn View Post
    Any single-ID poster who gets a temp.banning is very unlikely to return imo .. I sure wouldn't .. so those banned who do return are more than likely to have a bunch of socks on rotation. .
    I came back after getting banned for a week and don't use any puppets or socks.
    In love the paradox occurs that two beings become one and yet remain two.
    Erich Fromm

Gardening Leave

Quote Originally Posted by Lily View Post
    I don't have socks either, but I do reincarnate myself from time to time because I try to get away from having my names twisted. At the moment I am being referred to as dog turd.

a week ? that's just a slap on the wrist .. I was thinking of the much longer & serious bannings. Though, still .. I wouldn't do it.

Quietly patrolling the corridors of the BDF. Looking out for the sick and afflicted.

I came back after getting banned for a week
    Anthony Butcher might consider booking you into Eggleston Hall for a spell, prior to the core threads being launched. Gill Harbord has been known to work wonders.......
    Last edited by Matron; 18-05-2011 at 04:38 PM.
    Essex Council obtained a Court Order and forced woman to have caesarean and removed daughter from her womb

I would suggest a ban on the use of multiple names. I would also create an English Affairs section which had the political parties as sub-sections, and a sub-section for general topics. The general topics sub-section could include threads about the independence debate, or a sub-section could be created for that subject.

Quote Originally Posted by Dee-Dee View Post
    I don't have socks either, but I do reincarnate myself from time to time because I try to get away from having my names twisted. At the moment I am being referred to as dog turd.
    By the sounds of it, attempting to reincarnate oneself doesn't appear to help with the insults though. It's such a shame that some feel the need to add abuse to their supposed opinion or argument; I guess they have to make up for their small packages somehow!
    Erich Fromm

Quote Originally Posted by Matron View Post
    Anthony Butcher might consider booking you into Eggleston Hall for a spell, prior to the core threads being launched. Gill Harbord has been known to work wonders.......
    I'd rather he send me to Hawaii.
    Erich Fromm

Gardening Leave

By the sounds of it, attempting to reincarnate oneself doesn't appear to help with the insults though. It's such a shame that some feel the need to add abuse to their supposed opinion or argument; I guess they have to make up for their small packages somehow!
    I have come to the conclusion that there is no name they will not sully. I think if you came here callling yourself Jesus one of them would soon enough start referring to you as Peesus.

Quote Originally Posted by Dee-Dee View Post
    Who did so?
    Si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast