Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bits'n'Bobs

Quietly patrolling the corridors of the BDF. Looking out for the sick and afflicted.

Quote Originally Posted by Marilyn View Post
    I would be on my very best behavior..
    You might be asked to post a 'good behaviour bond' before you're allowed to comment....
    Essex Council obtained a Court Order and forced woman to have caesarean and removed daughter from her womb

Quote Originally Posted by Matron View Post
    You might be asked to post a 'good behaviour bond' before you're allowed to comment....
    An excellent idea Matron. We could make a fortune.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Allen View Post
    An excellent idea Matron. We could make a fortune.
    Swiss francs OK with you ?

Quote Originally Posted by Marilyn View Post
    Swiss francs OK with you ?
    I accept bribes in any currency that is easily convertible.

Gardening Leave

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Butcher View Post
    The English Independence Party has been declared dead and moved to the dead parties section.

The English Affairs section has been moved to become a subforum of the 'British Government' section.

We are also considering created a few 'core topic' threads which would be protected from trolling and other off-topic messages. The idea would be encourage a higher level of debate for certain topics. Obviously members will still be free to create other threads to discuss any topic that they like. I would like to know your thoughts on this.
    Thanks Tony, sounds good. I would vacate the arena of the damned in favour of one where we could write serious posts and not have to waste time fending off abuse.

Quietly patrolling the corridors of the BDF. Looking out for the sick and afflicted.

Has anyone been blacklisted yet, will you be able to prevent the more troublesome element from posting on core threads?
    Will having an inadequate depth of knowledge in a given subject area nullify one's right to contribute?
    Will humour be banned on core threads?
    Last edited by Matron; 17-05-2011 at 10:25 AM.
    Essex Council obtained a Court Order and forced woman to have caesarean and removed daughter from her womb

Gardening Leave

Has anyone been blacklisted yet, will you be able to prevent the more troublesome element from posting on core threads?
    Will having an inadequate depth of knowledge in a given subject area nullify one's right to contribute?
    I don't think they'll bother to post on those threads. They prefer to stick to the BNP section. It could be a win-win if Tony can get this right.

Gardening Leave

Depth of knowledge isn't the problem, Matrona, abuse is.

Quote Originally Posted by Dee-Dee View Post
    Depth of knowledge isn't the problem, Matrona, abuse is.
    Ain't it just, Dee-Dee........

Instead of trying to create a troll-free zone, how about sorting out the forum as a whole ?

i.e. .. no more tolerance of multi-IDs-aka-socks-aka-trolls .. and banning 1 should mean banning all of those connected & permanently.
    Any single-ID poster who gets a temp.banning is very unlikely to return imo .. I sure wouldn't .. so those banned who do return are more than likely to have a bunch of socks on rotation. You can actually spot them talking to each other i.e. themselves You could also set up a "hate the jews/blacks" etc.. sub-forum and quarantine it with a foot&mouth disease alert to enter at one's own peril .. I think I am joking.

I assume you know who they all are anyway.. pretty much, so eliminate as many as possible and elevate the forum's image. Might be quite a lot of work up front, but it would cut down a lot of the modding that's required right now.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast