Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Article: The Rich get richer

^ Nice one Boss Hog.

Quote Originally Posted by chocolate_croissant View Post
    The wealthy rich are only 7% of our population. Most of them are Lords or Ladies, control our government. They are very intelligent. They live off the backs of the normal folk, using out taxes for luxury houses, cars, holidays etc.
    Choc, how do the rich live off the back of normal folk and what do you mean by "using out taxes" for materialistic purposes? And why on earth do you think that a title makes you any different from "normal folk"?
    angelmanuk.org
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.

Quote Originally Posted by angelman View Post
    ^ Nice one Boss Hog.

Choc, how do the rich live off the back of normal folk and what do you mean by "using out taxes" for materialistic purposes? And why on earth do you think that a title makes you any different from "normal folk"?
    Perhaps he is referring to the Bankers or those who obtain government contracts by devious routes. Did you see the report on the 'search & rescue' contract?
    "These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands by it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman." Thomas Paine

Quote Originally Posted by Millennium3 View Post
    Perhaps he is referring to the Bankers or those who obtain government contracts by devious routes. Did you see the report on the 'search & rescue' contract?
    Search & rescue - haven't seen the report, but heard that there was privileged information being "given out". Seems that that is part of government, whether it be local or central. Look at Blair selling off the defence research laboratories to Carlyle (Quinetiq) and then (supposedly) ending up working for them. Or maybe it is a councillor giving a contract to a friend. Or maybe it is this: Cherie Blair sells Tony Blair's autograph on eBay for 10 | Politics | guardian.co.uk

But with regards to the bankers, there is something called choice. How many people who object to the bankers getting fat have bothered to move their accounts? If everyone objected and backed up their convictions, then these banks would react.
    angelmanuk.org
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.

Sorry A - I hadn't noticed your last comment. Yes, The Co-operative Bank has been getting some good reviews because of their ethics.

Please Note: I have no connection to the Co-operative Bank apart from opening an account recently to see how good their service is compared to my current bank.
    "These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands by it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman." Thomas Paine

You wrote that "The rich get richer" is quite right.They know how to mint money. They have lot of money so they have different idea for making the money.

Trusted Member

yes im afraid we do get richer and the poorer get poorer! what a shame.

'Rich get richer, poor get poorer' is the oldest and most tedious cliche in the world. History just doesn't bear it out. Jump in a time machine and take a look.

Gardening Leave

Rich get richer is a cop out!!
    An excuse used by losers and ne'er do wells!!
    Blame others for your own failings, you know it makes sense!!!

Cool 007, at least we agree on this thread

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast