Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: People's rights under the EDP

Trusted Member

Quote Originally Posted by SteveShark View Post
    And, similarly, why should we listen to you?
    Because I pass the Mandy Rice Davies test and, unlike you, I am not compromised in consequence.

In common with so many would-be political commentators (and politicians), you are patently ignorant of the second principle of public service (which presupposes you know the first)!

Quote Originally Posted by cassie View Post
    Because I pass the Mandy Rice Davies test
    Not that again?

Get over yourself.

Yes, who said they did? Yet another of your silly diversions.

Since you've seen fit to poke your nose in here, I'll observe that this is another of your malign threads, initiated on highly dubious grounds, in which you single out the EDP demanding answers to questions about statements which have not been made via any EDP official spokesperson.

You go grubbing around hither and thither, asking silly questions here and reacting with mock, self-righteous indignation when you do not receive the kind of replies that you, a non-member and antagonist unreasonably demand.

I doubt that any other political party is subjected to your persistently, snide insinuations. What a pity you have nothing more worthwhile to do. You have all the moral authority and natural dignity of a dung beetle, with all due respect to dung beetles which, unlike you, actually perform a useful function.
    You seem to have forgotten how I came here and what I found when I did, eh Mr Deemeeetriooou, snigger snigger....

If EDP PPCs wish to join a group espousing the views I quoted at the start of this thread, they are free to do so, just as I am free to let people know about their support.

What other way would you have it, cassie?

Trusted Member

Not that again?

Get over yourself.
    Nothing relevant to say again then?

Do you have to keep on proving my points? I can do it quite well without your additional help thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Rob View Post
    You seem to have forgotten how I came here and what I found when I did, eh Mr Deemeeetriooou, snigger snigger....
    Are these the words of cassie to which you refer, Mr Rob?

"The indications are that Dimeeteeooo is of Greek national or ethnic origin, assuming he was born here, who presumes to sneer at all things in England! Instead of tolerating such creeps - as we English people have in the past - we should ostracise them, shun 'em, let 'em know we are not going to put up with their bad manners without protest.

After all, if it is really so despicable here, they can always go the land of their forebears and save valuable space here. With luck, they might even enjoy another military junta, which could be more to their sour taste.

Such pieces as Dimeeteeooo's serve to encourage right thinking English folk that something needs to be done to rid us of all those foreigners who do not want to fit in but impose their ideas on us, whether they come from north or west of the borders or from further afield!"

Trusted Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Rob View Post
    You seem to have forgotten how I came here and what I found when I did, eh Mr Deemeeetriooou, snigger snigger.... [As SteveShark would put it, you appear not to have got over it! I do not retract one word of what I posted. You're so PC and monocular, you've conveniently overlooked Mr Dimmi's sneering comments! ]

If EDP PPCs wish to join a group espousing the views I quoted at the start of this thread, they are free to do so, just as I am free to let people know about their support. [Funny how in (your unbalanced way) you never get around to letting people know about other parties' PPCs. One can only conclude that you regard ALL of them as entirely suitable! ]

What other way would you have it, cassie?
    I think I've indicated above the bias in your posts. I'd prefer someone who was not so prejudiced to address such issues. It seems indisputable that you set out with the intention of damaging the EDP as much as possible.

I can't recall the last time you ever said anything positive or constructive about the EDP or its primary objective . . . perhaps that's because you never did! On the evidence, one may confidently assert that only criticism and negative comment is to be expected from you. I confidently expect you to demonstrate this truth in your next post.

Trusted Member

"The indications are that Dimeeteeooo is of Greek national or ethnic origin, assuming he was born here, who presumes to sneer at all things in England! Instead of tolerating such creeps - as we English people have in the past - we should ostracise them, shun 'em, let 'em know we are not going to put up with their bad manners without protest.

After all, if it is really so despicable here, they can always go the land of their forebears and save valuable space here. With luck, they might even enjoy another military junta, which could be more to their sour taste.

Such pieces as Dimeeteeooo's serve to encourage right thinking English folk that something needs to be done to rid us of all those foreigners who do not want to fit in but impose their ideas on us, whether they come from north or west of the borders or from further afield!"
    Odd how you were unable to locate Mr Dimmi's sneers.

Yet another unbalanced offering.

Yes, those were the balanced, constructive and unprejudiced words of cassie to which I was referring, thank you Steve.

Odd how you were unable to locate Mr Dimmi's sneers.

Yet another unbalanced offering.

Here's the whole article in full. It's where I first heard about the EDP.

Had a certain Mr Uncles been a tad more diplomatic by addressing the blogger on his blog and not mouthing off elsewhere then I doubt that I'd know about the EDP now.

Nothing to hide here, cassie. I leave that up to others who delete and censor on their Facebook pages...

The 'English Democrats Party' declares war on Boaty & D

Well, well, well. One finds gutlessness and racism in the most quirky of quarters in our Age of the Internet.

The other day, I did a piece about my thoughts on the political parties standing in my region for the 4 June Euro elections.

Readers will know that this half of B&D appears on the Libertarian Right of the political spectrum. My discussion therefore ended, unsurprisingly, with a note about my indecision on who to vote for, wondering whether UKIP could be a possibility.

Once the piece was published, I continued with other matters and thought no more about it.

It was therefore somewhat of a surprise to check the B&D Battleship computer today, and note that some of our visitors have arrived here from two quite unusual destinations.

I saw we had visitors from a place called 'democracyforum', and visitors from an outfit called 'crossofsaintgeorge'.

Both of these places are right wing discussion forums.

A little more digging, and I saw that the threads from which people were arriving from these forums were both initiated by the same bloke. A chap called Steve Uncles, who I presume to be a figure within the English Democrats Party.

Mr Uncles had in fact 'copy 'n' pasted' my entire article on the June 4 elections (which included a robust and critical discussion of the English Democrats Party) and whacked it on both of these forums, hoping to prod discussion. He stated at the end of each of the reproduced articles (both instances without my permission and with use of profanity deleted out):

"You may like to educate this guy, he clearly does not understand the concept of an English Parliament".

Now, I have no problem with being criticised at all. It's part of democracy, it's part of what a decent Libertarian state of affairs should be. I have no problem with being asked for clarification on what I mean on something.

But it's the gutless way that Mr Uncles has gone about it that ****** me off.

Firstly, he and no-one from his outfit or these forums have come on to my blog as yet to comment or criticise. This is all happening off the radar, on two discussion forums to which I have no affiliation or membership. I have no intention on joining them, because I don't trust them and I consider those places depressing and extremist.

Why have they not the intelligence or wherewithal to come here? Is it because it's far easier to scoff within the safe confines of their own little online realms?

Is it at all good manners to lay into my piece on a third party site, without alerting me to their decision to replicate my piece, and then not even explain there in any detail as to how I was wrong?

I wish it ended there, but it hasn't. You see, one poster decided to respond to Mr Uncles. Not to answer his vaguely valid question and to discuss the piece, but to make a series of inflammatory, racist, alarming and offensive remarks about my person.

I'll reproduce, unedited, that poster's ("cassie's") post from the British Democracy Forum thread on my piece, and let you judge for yourself:

I'll not waste time commenting on the petty insults ('Dimeeteeoo') and get straight to the point. Besides my name, what other evidence is there that indicates my ethnic origin? What has my ethnic origin got to do with anything? The truth is, I am part, second generation, Greek. Born here in fact, and I know no other land nor owe any loyalty to any other land. Particularly (and 'she'd' know this if she read my blog) Greece of the Junta dominated 1970s.

But never mind this - what evidence is there, at all, in my original piece, that shows that I "sneer at all things in England!"

If you can find a smidgen of evidence, please present it to me. I know what the answer to this is. There is no evidence, because I have not sneered at England at all. So 'cassie's' post was, I can only judge, a racist knee jerk reaction to the fact I had criticised the far right, but more importantly because my blogger name is 'Demetriou'.

She then exhorts her following to take up the BNP's mantle of looking for ways to get rid of foreigners like me. Her overtones and undertones are not just offensive, but worrying. Outside of the fact her opinions are vile, aggressive and racist, her words are threatening or at least could be taken as such.

But you see readers, unlike the left in this country, I do not believe the answer is to shut people up. 'cassie' et al deserve their freedom of speech, as much as they wish to destroy mine. They should not be censored.

It is, however, a moral duty and responsibility to challenge attackers like these and meet them head-to-head in political and other discourse.

Their bad manners and offensive racism will, in the minds of rational humans, be figured out in the natural course of events.

What would be needed here, however, is an apology from Mr Uncles, who I believe has acted out of turn on this occasion. It would also be most welcome if we actually sought to question me here, or at least posit some more detail to his own opinion of my piece under this blog.

I'm done for now.

On to less depressing topics soon, readers.

Yes, who said they did? Yet another of your silly diversions.

Since you've seen fit to poke your nose in here, I'll observe that this is another of your malign threads, initiated on highly dubious grounds, in which you single out the EDP demanding answers to questions about statements which have not been made via any EDP official spokesperson. Doesnt the nec member in question edit the edp press release English Voice, so in essence is a spokesperson for the EDP, also she is the one that interviewed Paul Sackey after her rant about a life sized golliwog, so in your mind she isnt a spokes person......... mmmmmmmmm.

You go grubbing around hither and thither, asking silly questions here and reacting with mock, self-righteous indignation when you do not receive the kind of replies that you, a non-member and antagonist unreasonably demand.

I doubt that any other political party is subjected to your persistently, snide insinuations. What a pity you have nothing more worthwhile to do. You have all the moral authority and natural dignity of a dung beetle, with all due respect to dung beetles which, unlike you, actually perform a useful function. If your campaign manager, uncle steve didnt cause so many gaffs, and your nec/nc make such outlandish statements , there wouldnt be so much **** for us dung beetles to sift through and point out to people that may be thinking of supporting, or rescinding their support for the party.
    Cassie normally your retorts are much better than this, Gandy is a spokes person for the party , she also votes on decisions for the party, and put s forward stuff to be voted on, if she was in any other party she would of been forced to resign by now for bringing the party into disrepute, as would uncles, because of his constant gaffs and outlandish statements on forums, and he is the main spokesman being the campaign mismanager, are you saying your happy with the conduct of these people, because if you are you know the party is floundering, and if you don t why are you not questioning these actions , instead of defending them.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast