Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 55

Thread: People's rights under the EDP

  1. #11
    Trusted Member jamiemccaffery's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    5,725

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Englander 1 View Post
    Jamie criticising, condemming and complaining for no reason rarely achieve anything.
    so you are happy what kim is doing then, why is pointing things out classed as criticising when its aim at the edps, but when you and your clique are doing it it is enlightening the sheeple, double standards mr egglayer 1, and what are we achieving, just showing people what you are it is up to them to make the choice about your party. Not left , never right, Dimocrats

  2. #12
    Trusted Member ProudEnglander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Kent
    Posts
    1,176

    Default

    Look at the end of the day she is not posting as Kim Gandy is she? I wouldn't have even known who she was unless I read it here. Most people couldn't care less really. Is she going about things in the right way with this page and allowing the stupids comments to stay? In my opinion, no. But up to her.

  3. #13
    Trusted Member jamiemccaffery's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    5,725

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ProudEnglander View Post
    Look at the end of the day she is not posting as Kim Gandy is she? I wouldn't have even known who she was unless I read it here. Most people couldn't care less really. Is she going about things in the right way with this page and allowing the stupids comments to stay? In my opinion, no. But up to her.
    but most people know english lady is gandy , that is on face book, on the edp page if she post as el evryone replies to kim not to someone they dont know , on the bdf there is only a handful of ed ers but on the face book there is nearly 2000 that call her kim

  4. #14
    Trusted Member SteveShark's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    South Mayenne, France
    Posts
    5,609

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ProudEnglander View Post
    Look at the end of the day she is not posting as Kim Gandy is she?

    No, she's posting as English Lady, but she makes no secret of this and anyone wanting to identify 'English Lady' would have no problem.
    You're not posting as whatever your real name is, but whatever you say here - bearing in mind who and what you are - carries the same weight.


    I wouldn't have even known who she was unless I read it here. Most people couldn't care less really. Is she going about things in the right way with this page and allowing the stupids comments to stay? In my opinion, no. But up to her.
    Well, isn't it a good thing to know what your colleagues are up to? You're a member of a party and what another member does can reflect on the party and, ultimately, its other members - including you.

    At the moment, it's just a few blokes on the interwebs digging this stuff up - come April it could be a few journos after a cheap but juicy story.

    Anyone with two braincells to rub together would distance themselves as far as possible from what could be construed as far right racism given a conduit by a party member.

  5. #15
    Trusted Member Mr Rob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    15,421

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ProudEnglander View Post
    Look at the end of the day she is not posting as Kim Gandy is she? I wouldn't have even known who she was unless I read it here. Most people couldn't care less really. Is she going about things in the right way with this page and allowing the stupids comments to stay? In my opinion, no. But up to her.
    Oh, I see, if a National Council member advocates such things while writing under a (very well known) pseudonym (and her partner uses his real name) that's OK.

    No criticism of the views that form the basis for the page I see, just disagreement about the methodology.

    We really should be grateful to Kim Gandy, this issue is certainly flushing out the true views of EDP PPCs - first David Lane, now you.

    Next? Little Englander? Steve Uncles? Your comments are most welcome.

  6. #16
    Trusted Member ProudEnglander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Kent
    Posts
    1,176

    Default

    I accept what you are saying Steve and the views on that page do not reflect my views. I did join the page earlier but haven't been back to look at what is going on. I will leave the group as I am not in any way advocating the actions some on there are.

    If Kim wishes to be associated with those comments that is up to her. Not my concern.

  7. #17
    Trusted Member ProudEnglander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Kent
    Posts
    1,176

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Rob View Post
    Oh, I see, if a National Council member advocates such things while writing under a (very well known) pseudonym (and her partner uses his real name) that's OK.

    No criticism of the views that form the basis for the page I see, just disagreement about the methodology.

    We really should be grateful to Kim Gandy, this issue is certainly flushing out the true views of EDP PPCs - first David Lane, now you.

    Next? Little Englander? Steve Uncles? Your comments are most welcome.
    Mr Rob I think my last post answers your points?

    I have no idea who she is. I have never met her. I didn't know she was well known. I am a newbie to the party and only just begining to know my local Kent based people. Please don't try to make this into something it isn't.

  8. #18
    Trusted Member Mr Rob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    15,421

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ProudEnglander View Post
    Mr Rob I think my last post answers your points?

    I have no idea who she is. I have never met her. I didn't know she was well known. I am a newbie to the party and only just begining to know my local Kent based people. Please don't try to make this into something it isn't.
    You have been well-acquainted with her through posts concerning her on this forum.
    She is a member of your National Council, and editor of the party newsletter.
    You joined her group, which would lead one to suppose you endorsed its views.
    Your instinctive reply was to downplay and say it is up to her.
    You are now evidently having second thoughts.

    Next PPC please.

  9. #19
    Trusted Member ProudEnglander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Kent
    Posts
    1,176

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Rob View Post
    You have been well-acquainted with her through posts concerning her on this forum.
    She is a member of your National Council, and editor of the party newsletter.
    You joined her group, which would lead one to suppose you endorsed its views.
    Your instinctive reply was to downplay and say it is up to her.
    You are now evidently having second thoughts.

    Next PPC please.
    ****. I joined her group after she sent me a facebook link. I did not know that English Lady and Kim Gandy are the same and I did not know she was an NC member. I have never seen a party newsletter either. You can try to spin this as much as you like but I was unaware of all this. I have been honest enough to say that now I have seen what has been posted I will delete my membership of that group. End of.

  10. #20
    Trusted Member SteveShark's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    South Mayenne, France
    Posts
    5,609

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ProudEnglander View Post
    If Kim wishes to be associated with those comments that is up to her. Not my concern.
    Not your concern?

    Well, it ought to be.

    As I've understood it, over the past few months that I've known about the EDP, the party is anxious that it not be viewed as racist.

    No matter how I try, I cannot interpret some of the comments posted on Gandy's new group as anything but racist.

    As it's no secret that as "English Lady" she is a prominent party officer then such views become associated with her party - your party.

    It only needs a small amount of digging about and such views could be made public by any cub reporter with an internet connection and a pulse.

    By knowing that such views are tolerated by an EDP member (and one of the party's officers) and accepting the situation you are tacitly condoning it.

    Not fair?

    Maybe.

    But a suitably newsworthy interpretation by a hack out for a story?

    Certainly.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •