Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anarcho-libertarianism

Trusted Member Britt Andrew Prowd's Avatar

Default Anarcho-libertarianism

Richard Gardner in the BNP Immigration Policy thread:

I am [an anarcho-libertarian], hence the bit where I said "if anything at all." I would rather, instead, that this liberty were ensured by the enforcement of laws against force, fraud and theft by voluntary organisations, or competitive firms.
    (Instead of trolling that thread and taking it off topic, I have opened up this new thread to reply.)

What about military?
    It was the leadership who took the website down, not Simon - Visit YourBNP for the proof.

Quote Originally Posted by Britt Andrew Prowd View Post
    Richard Gardner in the BNP Immigration Policy thread:
    No "d."

(Instead of trolling that thread and taking it off topic, I have opened up this new thread to reply.)

What about military?
    Same: Voluntary militia.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard_A_Garner View Post
    No "d."
    Again, my apologies. I seem to have a habit of adding a "d" to your name, I really must be more careful.

Same: Voluntary militia.
    Do you believe that would work?
    It was the leadership who took the website down, not Simon - Visit YourBNP for the proof.

Again, my apologies. I seem to have a habit of adding a "d" to your name, I really must be more careful.
    No problem. It happens quite a bit. I think Gardner is a more common name.

Do you believe that would work?
    Perhaps. A number of European countries already have regular militia rather than standing armies, but usually involve conscription. Meanwhile, there are ways that public goods can be provided, or externalities internalised, in local communities using contractual agreements. These could include provision for defense.

I suppose you wouldn't oppose a company building a new motorway running parallel to an existing one?

I suppose you wouldn't oppose a company building a new motorway running parallel to an existing one?
    I might oppose them, sure. The fact that I think that anybody should be at liberty to do as they choose with their person and property, or that of consenting others, does not mean that I think everything they do with it is right or good or wise.

I might oppose them, sure. The fact that I think that anybody should be at liberty to do as they choose with their person and property, or that of consenting others, does not mean that I think everything they do with it is right or good or wise.
    Sorry, I meant oppose as in legistlate, I should have made that more obvious.

Sorry, I meant oppose as in legistlate, I should have made that more obvious.
    Oh, in that case, no I wouldn't. I can't see what gives legislators the right to decide over some land rather than its owner.

Are there any anarchists other than Richard on this forum?

red red pips make me feel so fine keep me rocking all of the time

Is it a voluntary choice to join the British army?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast