Thread: UKIP: Laughter at our expense

Trusted Member

Default UKIP: Laughter at our expense

From the official website:

May 9 is Europe Day, and in celebration of all the success of the European Union the European Institutions are having a series of major events to mark it next weekend.

UKIP Deputy Leader Paul Nuttall lambasted the events, "I am sure the millions left destitute and unemployed by the EU's ruinous policies will join me in denouncing these events.
    "How dare the Eurocrats party on down to nightclub sounds, free concerts and cookery displays when so many are suffering.
    "The European Parliament is boasting of Laughter Yoga sessions which describes itself as not needing, 'a sense of humour, no funny jokes or comedy programmes - just a willingness to laugh'. How appropriate. The Eurocrats are laughing at us, quite literally, at our expense. These people are like the ancien regiem, they have learnt nothing from the past few years.
    "They carry on in their insulated bubble, divorced from reality, pretending that all is well behind their subsidised walls. It is a disgrace, but reveals the contempt with which they hold the populations of the European Union."

More...

Trusted Member

So whats the plan to make fun of and ridicule it and get on the news ? Burn a few EU flags in public ? , dress up in EU uniforms and goose step through a town centre flying an EU flag with a swastica on it singing D... uber alles ? Or just huff and puff. Ii know UKIP doesnt do satire or cartoons but NF is usually up for a jolly jape and its a chance to dress up and sing and most important of all end up IN THE PUB !

Quote Originally Posted by prober View Post
    So whats the plan to make fun of and ridicule it and get on the news ? Burn a few EU flags in public ? , dress up in EU uniforms and goose step through a town centre flying an EU flag with a swastica on it singing D... uber alles ? Or just huff and puff. Ii know UKIP doesnt do satire or cartoons but NF is usually up for a jolly jape and its a chance to dress up and sing and most important of all end up IN THE PUB !
    Perhaps they could reuse the chicken costumes they famously used once!

Quote Originally Posted by Niall Warry View Post
    And why not?

Quote Originally Posted by mrkipling View Post
    And why not?
    Indeed while riding on the blow up bulldozers holding the bucket with a hole in it?!

No need for any strategy, tactics or plan let's have some fun and then off to the pub for a drink after a hard days work!!!
    Last edited by Niall Warry; 08-05-2012 at 10:13 PM.

Meanwhile UKIP's merry band of MEPs are still doing nothing more than token soundbites from time to time about how terrible the EU is and how it must be dismantled.

When are people going to wake up to the fact that UKIP are even worse than the pro-EU parties? They make no effort whatsoever in British general elections, despite knowing that if they really wanted to lead Britain out of the EU then they have to do it through Westminster, not Brussels.

Farage and his cronies are quite happy in Europe...........why bite the hand that feeds?

Have you still got yours?

Quote Originally Posted by Aardvark View Post
    Have you still got yours?
    You've got me bang to rights Governor so I tell you what I'll wear mine down the pub if you wear your monkey one!!

Gardening Leave

Quote Originally Posted by Galavamp View Post
    Meanwhile UKIP's merry band of MEPs are still doing nothing more than token soundbites from time to time about how terrible the EU is and how it must be dismantled.

When are people going to wake up to the fact that UKIP are even worse than the pro-EU parties? They make no effort whatsoever in British general elections, despite knowing that if they really wanted to lead Britain out of the EU then they have to do it through Westminster, not Brussels.

Farage and his cronies are quite happy in Europe...........why bite the hand that feeds?
    They focussed on the Euros because their main platform and noticable policy was on EU membership. A wise decision. To go straight into national politics would have led to a disaster, just like with the Referendum Party.

This way they seem to be growing roots, getting more popular and branching slowly out into the national arena. Seems to be working. Their vote goes up every single election. Soon they will overtake the lib dems.

You've got me bang to rights Governor so I tell you what I'll wear mine down the pub if you wear your monkey one!!
    Tempting proposition.