Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: UKIP on last nights Newsnight

  1. #1
    Trusted Member BASILDON BOY's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    All the Kings Horses and all the Kings men couldn't put Mike Smith together again...
    Posts
    3,494

    Default UKIP on last nights Newsnight

    Go to 28 minutes in

    http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode...ht_17_04_2012/

    Good national publicity

    I also hear that one of the Conservative candidates in Thurrock handed the entire Conservative Merlin canvass returns to UKIP last year when he was going to join
    What do you get when you cross Niall Warry with a washing machine? ....Blood...so much blood....!

  2. #2

    Default

    Regrettably there is also some bad publicity on the way-dont know whether it will be held back till after th elections but it is financial.

  3. #3
    Trusted Member Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Wales
    Posts
    3,696

    Default

    good interview to be honest.
    British By Birth... English By The Grace Of God.

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Resigned Member View Post
    Regrettably there is also some bad publicity on the way-dont know whether it will be held back till after th elections but it is financial.
    Proof? Or you just pulling stuff out of your @rse?

  5. #5
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    London.
    Posts
    7,042

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Resigned Member View Post
    Regrettably there is also some bad publicity on the way-dont know whether it will be held back till after th elections but it is financial.
    "Regrettably" my backside. You and the BNP tried to pull UKIP down during the 2004 Euro Elections; you got found out and you were very properly thrown out of UKIP. No doubt you'd be delighted if there were bad news on the way for UKIP, but you will excuse me if I take anything you say with a lorryload of salt.

  6. #6
    Trusted Member Baron von Lotsov's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Victory Mansions
    Posts
    20,109

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    good interview to be honest.

    Yes indeed, it is people like him who can get the UKIP to be taken seriously. It's a refreshing change from having Farage on all the time. I suggest for the next BBC interview the party puts up Tim Congdon. Indeed by having different UKIP reps on each programme it gives the impression the party is more than a one man band.

    If I were a Tory politician I would be worried that the UKIP have finally got some top people to join. They know that if the polls keep on rising then they are done for, and like he says, they will only have themselves to blame. If they haven't got any powers back by the end of their time in office then that will be it. It will be game over. The clock is ticking, but they choose to go after the 1% homosexual vote and mess around with the institution of marriage.
    MODERATION The ermine out of moderation never eats but once a day

  7. #7
    Trusted Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,003

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Wilde View Post
    You and the BNP tried to pull UKIP down during the 2004 Euro Elections; you got found out and you were very properly thrown out of UKIP. No doubt you'd be delighted if there were bad news on the way for UKIP, but you will excuse me if I take anything you say with a lorryload of salt.
    Tom: in nearly twenty years of a somewhat chequered existence UKIP has probably notched up hundreds - thousands even - of resigned members, whether that be in the the sense of having left the party or simply having resigned themselves to it.

    In your efforts to identify the particular Resigned Member who posts on this forum, what made you pick on someone you believe to have been expelled in 2004? No wish to deter you in your quest but does it never cross your mind that, spoilt for choice as you undoubtedly are, you might have made a mistake?

  8. #8
    Trusted Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,598

    Default

    A highly embarrasing exposure of has been doderer Lord Hesketh who almost drunk like was unable to get his words out and missed an extended opportunity to rip apart the Tory position on EU and domestics and pitch UKIP as an alternative domestic party. It was only Paxman's very unusual tolerance of dithering that prevented a humiliating retort of " get on with it" or "had your chance muffed it" and switch to the Tory for extended comment.

    It made UKIP look a party of geriatrics brain dead on the gin Next time wheel on someone switched on for BBC.

  9. #9
    Trusted Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    535

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Baron von Lotsov View Post
    Yes indeed, it is people like him who can get the UKIP to be taken seriously. It's a refreshing change from having Farage on all the time. I suggest for the next BBC interview the party puts up Tim Congdon. Indeed by having different UKIP reps on each programme it gives the impression the party is more than a one man band.

    If I were a Tory politician I would be worried that the UKIP have finally got some top people to join. They know that if the polls keep on rising then they are done for, and like he says, they will only have themselves to blame. If they haven't got any powers back by the end of their time in office then that will be it. It will be game over. The clock is ticking, but they choose to go after the 1% homosexual vote and mess around with the institution of marriage.
    Thing is matey that party dont normally get to choose who they send. BBC asks for someone, normally Nigel.
    But we are starting to get a few more known names and so as time goes on Nigel wont be the only face of UKIP.

    On marriage. I did hear they only doing it as roughly same rules going through brussels via UK MEP (not UKIP of course) and this could be EU law so Dave is pore-empting it by goign their 1st so when the law comes in he can say we already do that so eu law does not effect us.

  10. #10
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    London.
    Posts
    7,042

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Barboo View Post
    Tom: in nearly twenty years of a somewhat chequered existence UKIP has probably notched up hundreds - thousands even - of resigned members, whether that be in the the sense of having left the party or simply having resigned themselves to it.

    In your efforts to identify the particular Resigned Member who posts on this forum, what made you pick on someone you believe to have been expelled in 2004? No wish to deter you in your quest but does it never cross your mind that, spoilt for choice as you undoubtedly are, you might have made a mistake?
    I have no particular wish to pursue a career as a witchfinder general. In any case, I think that might be incompatible with being a moderator. (Not that I'm a very good or active moderator anyway).

    My belief that Resigned Member is Andrew Edwards arose from a number of earlier conversations and claims by other people. I've asked him about it several times on the forum and I've said that if he denies it, then I'll completely respect that denial. However, he has chosen never to answer at all. (Unless you think "I believe Andrew Edwards is a very accurate commentator" counts as an answer!)

    There is no reason that Resigned Member should feel obliged to reply to my direct questions about his identity - most here post under psuedonyms, after all - but in the absence of a reply it seems fair that I should say why I no longer take his criticisms of UKIP seriously.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •