Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: UKIP: PM 'picking fight' over same-sex marriage

Trusted Member

Default UKIP: PM 'picking fight' over same-sex marriage

From the official website:

The Prime Minister is deliberately provoking a conflict with people of faith, and risking turning their beliefs into criminal 'hate offences', by pursuing the legal enforcement of same-sex marriage, according to UKIP.
    The party's National Executive confirmed that while UKIP fully supports the concept of civil partnerships, it opposes the move to legislate for same-sex marriage.
    NEC member and the party's appointed spokesman on the subject, David Coburn, said: "We are a libertarian party which doesn't believe in the government interfering in how people live their lives. We support civil partnerships, enabling gay men and women to register their long-term commitment to each other. I have fought for this all my life.

"But David Cameron seems to be saying that marriage is something else. If so, it is clearly in the domain of the church and other faiths – and it is none of government's business to meddle with it.

"It seems that, through some kind of political correctness, David Cameron is picking a fight with the millions of people whose religious faiths do not recognise same-sex marriages. That, in our view, is an aggressive attack on people of faith, and an act of intolerance in itself.

"In addition, if the government does legislate in this way, we believe that any criticism of same-sex marriage which may be expressed by someone on the basis of their faith could be classified as a 'hate crime'. That would be a grotesque assault on people's freedom of conscience."

More...

Trusted Member

I thought this was an excellent press release by UKIP.

Trusted Member Baron von Lotsov's Avatar

I think it is acting very much like one of them. Why does it have to say: -

"The party's National Executive confirmed that while UKIP fully supports the concept of civil partnerships."

Why does it fully support civil partnerships? All this tells us is the UKIP is maybe slightly less PC than Cameron. Mind you it makes me suspicious that it is actually just as PC as Cameron but is using this much like when the Tories say they are Tory at election time and then renege on everything and do the same thing as Labour would have done.

This is the way political correctness is brought in. People are too feeble to stand up against it, so they compromise. How the programme advances is that the PC fascists use the ‘door in the face’ tactic. Lets say you want to sell a 50 product for 100. You say I want 200 for it and the punter slams the door in your face. Then someone who looks like he is independent says, OK I can do it to you for 100. The customer thinks that is a good compromise and agrees.
    MODERATION The ermine out of moderation never eats but once a day

Quote Originally Posted by gimlet View Post
    I thought this was an excellent press release by UKIP.
    I have to agree.
    UKIP, Britain's fourth largest political party.

Quote Originally Posted by KrisH View Post
    I have to agree.

Who is making you agree?

Quote Originally Posted by Baron von Lotsov View Post
    Who is making you agree?
    Isn’t it obvious? My reply was a direct response to gimlet, who (and I agree) thought the UKIP press release on gay marriage was excellent.
    UKIP, Britain's fourth largest political party.

'Same sex' marriage is an abhorrence, how on earth do two men consumate a marriage? This is nothing more than the politically correct establishment bending over (Excuse the pun) to appease a minority, again.
    It is not racist to be concerned about immigration.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Rackham View Post
    'Same sex' marriage is an abhorrence, how on earth do two men consumate a marriage? This is nothing more than the politically correct establishment bending over (Excuse the pun) to appease a minority, again.

Well said. Now that would be more my ideal UKIP press release.

Quote Originally Posted by KrisH View Post
    Isn’t it obvious?

Oh it is. You are a sucker for everything the UKIP do without question. You are their ideal supporter and certainly helping the politically correct to sneak this in. They will make certain concessions and then you would think the UKIP have made a difference, but what you don't see is the UKIP is batting for the same side. Se my post above, and try for once in your life to think a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Rackham View Post
    Your views are the only abhorrence here. This attitude shows that the likes of you and BvL are completely unenlightened by the political correctness that you deride so sneeringly. Perhaps the only benefit of PC is that it broadenend perspectives of the human condition, unencumbered (hopefully) by political dogma and redligious faith. In some.

In Baron's case, intolerance of 'homos' also sadly indicates a dislike of 'dark-skins' and 'heebs' according to the subtext of many of his posts, such is the ingrained blind hatred of humanity. Whatever happened to "live and let live"?

When do you intend joining the 20th century (sic - let's take it one century at a time.)
    Steve

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast