Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: English Democrat's Chairman on TV!

Trusted Member

Quote Originally Posted by cassie View Post
    This really shows how absurd Sebbie is! No one may write to MPs other than one's constituency MP! No one, not lawyers, not police, not local councillors, not researchers. This sounds like the kind of 'democratic rule' one might encounter in Zimbabwe.
    BBC Question Time would be interesting if panellists refused to answer questions from the audience, because they weren't their constituents!

Trusted Member

Quote Originally Posted by SteveShark View Post
    In that case, it follows that those who post here should be qualified, restricted and constructive.

Care to exercise your intellect on clarifying those qualities?

What qualifications and restrictions should apply?

Who defines what is constructive?
    If we take Sebbie's stance, then I should only answer questions from people living in North Tyneside!

Quote Originally Posted by Northumbrian View Post
    If we take Sebbie's stance, then I should only answer questions from people living in North Tyneside!
    Well, as cassie has no official regional presence, he should be able to address my questions without overstepping any remit he might have.
    "...the forum's juvenile delinquent" and occasional user of "coarse language"...

Quote Originally Posted by cassie View Post
    Well, Mr Aggrieved, what is your motive for persisting in lurking here?
    In the vain hope that someone more senior, more involved,more knowledgeable and more tolerant, will turn up and speak for the active members of the EDP.

As it is we are assailed by a couple of unfriendly bigots from the third, inactive, level of the party.

Oh, and yes Cassie and Northumbrian, as it seems to be ofvital importance to your knowledge-base, I am both English and white!
    Last edited by butterfly effect; 04-03-2012 at 07:40 PM.

You do realise that you're just proving Butterfly Effect's point, don't you?

Of course, BE could be a troll, but if not, you've hardly done 'the Cause' much good, have you?
    I would answer your query myself if I knew for certain what a ‘troll’ was in relationship to this forum!
    I imagine that it does not have very positive connotations so I will hope that I am not perceived as such by the decent members of the BDF!

Quote Originally Posted by butterfly effect View Post
    I would answer your query myself if I knew for certain what a ‘troll’ was in relationship to this forum!
    I imagine that it does not have very positive connotations so I will hope that I am not perceived as such by the decent members of the BDF!
    According to Wikipedia, a troll is:

someone who posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.
    Trolls aren't unknown here - or, indeed, on many other forums.

For what it's worth, I don't think you are a troll.

You do seem to have got to the nub of the matter here and quickly sussed out what's going on.

Also, it was good that you looked at EDP activities elsewhere so that you could see what some of us 'jackals' object to about the EDP and some of its members.

It may, of course, all mean that you're a jackal now, because if you're not with them, you're against them.
    "...the forum's juvenile delinquent" and occasional user of "coarse language"...

According to Wikipedia, a troll is:

Trolls aren't unknown here - or, indeed, on many other forums.

For what it's worth, I don't think you are a troll.

You do seem to have got to the nub of the matter here and quickly sussed out what's going on.

Also, it was good that you looked at EDP activities elsewhere so that you could see what some of us 'jackals' object to about the EDP and some of its members.

It may, of course, all mean that you're a jackal now, because if you're not with them, you're against them.
    Thank you for the explanation, I should have had the wit tolook on Wikipedia myself.
    Believe it or not, even with this angelic demeanour, I have,on occasions, been called worse than a jackal, and survived!

Thank you for the explanation, I should have had the wit tolook on Wikipedia myself.
    Believe it or not, even with this angelic demeanour, I have,on occasions, been called worse than a jackal, and survived!
    I can't tell you what a prominent EDP official called me once - it wouldn't get through the auto-censor here...

Trusted Member

As it is we are assailed by a couple of unfriendly bigots from the third, inactive, level of the party.

Oh, and yes Cassie and Northumbrian, as it seems to be ofvital importance to your knowledge-base, I am both English and white!
    What are you blethering on about?

Quote Originally Posted by Northumbrian View Post
    What are you blethering on about?
    Carry on digging.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast