Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Israel's strike against Iran is not a wise thing... Just in time...

Default Israel's strike against Iran is not a wise thing... Just in time...

A few days ago William Hague, British Foreign Secretary and First Secretary of State, issued a blunt warning to Israel that launching attack against Iran would not be "a wise thing." It seems that no one expected that Iran will shut down oil supplies so quickly leaving Britain and France without its oil. I wonder what reasons British authorities had when they made up their decision to introduce sanctions against Iran... Stupid Yankees suggested doing so? And now we reap the fruits of that decision. I always thought that making your own decisions is the right way, but Britain listened to USA. The White House deprived Britain of Iranian oil and making attempts to separate rich in resources Scotland from Britain. Of course it is easy to be wise after the event, but now is the time to fight for our political and economical interests! I guess we made a lot for USA but Washington was always the only party that got something from our alliance. So it's time to stop, enough of it!

Trusted Member

Yes thank-you Abdul....

Quote Originally Posted by swift View Post
    A few days ago William Hague, British Foreign Secretary and First Secretary of State, issued a blunt warning to Israel that launching attack against Iran would not be "a wise thing." It seems that no one expected that Iran will shut down oil supplies so quickly leaving Britain and France without its oil. I wonder what reasons British authorities had when they made up their decision to introduce sanctions against Iran... Stupid Yankees suggested doing so? And now we reap the fruits of that decision. I always thought that making your own decisions is the right way, but Britain listened to USA. The White House deprived Britain of Iranian oil and making attempts to separate rich in resources Scotland from Britain. Of course it is easy to be wise after the event, but now is the time to fight for our political and economical interests! I guess we made a lot for USA but Washington was always the only party that got something from our alliance. So it's time to stop, enough of it!
    Iran only supplies a tiny percentage of our oil, so I guess nobody's that bothered.

Trusted Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cruthin View Post
    Iran only supplies a tiny percentage of our oil, so I guess nobody's that bothered.
    Percisely, it's a bit like another myth that the US went into Iraq for oil. Well if they did, they didn't do a very good job of it, seeing as only 2.5% of American Oil imports are from Iraq.

Trusted Member

Quote Originally Posted by swift View Post
    now is the time to fight for our political and economical interests! . So it's time to stop, enough of it!
    You mean, our Moscow interests? Again? Time to stop...

Trusted Member

Originally posted by swift
    I wonder what reasons British authorities had when they made up their decision to introduce sanctions against Iran... Stupid Yankees suggested doing so? And now we reap the fruits of that decision. I always thought that making your own decisions is the right way, but Britain listened to USA. The White House deprived Britain of Iranian oil and making attempts to separate rich in resources Scotland from Britain.
    You start by asking questions, and promptly pontificate as if you know the answers without producing the slightest proof that the British cabinet didn't make their own decision .
    Our ethics are as good as any country's, and the decision not to prop up a maverick regime, by buying their goods is not a hard one to call.

I guess we made a lot for USA but Washington was always the only party that got something from our alliance. So it's time to stop, enough of it
    Total idiotic codswallop !! That's the most ignorant statement I've ever seen on this forum - and that's saying something - they saved us from being starved and feeling the weight of the Nazi jackboot, and supported us against the Communist attempts to intimidate.
    I note your 'we', and 'our', but doubt you're ethnicity, you're certainly trying to separate us and the Americans
    So it's time to stop, enough of it

Quote Originally Posted by Luigi View Post
    Percisely, it's a bit like another myth that the US went into Iraq for oil. Well if they did, they didn't do a very good job of it, seeing as only 2.5% of American Oil imports are from Iraq.
    Would they not be wanting to control the oil rather than import it?... However as you say, I think the Iraqi situation is a lot more complex than just the oil.

Trusted Member

Would they not be wanting to control the oil rather than import it?... However as you say, I think the Iraqi situation is a lot more complex than just the oil.
    The US has virtually no control over Iraqi oil, most of Iraq's oil fields are state-owned, no doubt the US is getting something out of the Iraqi Government, but to say that the US went into Iraq solely for oil is a Conspiracy Theory and should be treated as such. 2.5% of oil imported for a war that cost the US over a trillion $ doesn't sound like good deal to me.

It supplies the biggest percentage of China's oil and they are bothered.
    UK Column Live For real alternative news

Trusted Member

Quote Originally Posted by BCG Jason View Post
    It supplies the biggest percentage of China's oil and they are bothered.
    I couldn't care less about China.

I guess if China are given oil restrictions by Iran that means Chinese imports are going to cost us more.

Still as long as China suffers, I am prepared to pay slightly more for my cheap Chinese tat.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast