Thread: Mr Tilbrook and the HSBC court case.

Default Mr Tilbrook and the HSBC court case.

I have been reading some of Mr Tilbrook's blog and he has recently put this on there

Robin Tilbrook: Anti-English discrimination? – SUE!!!

As part of the preamble he says;

"If you encounter anti-English discrimination, in any form – SUE, help the Cause and also make yourself some money!"

I understood that Mr Tilbrook acted for the claimaints but they lost the case and the two EDP members ended up paying costs!

Is this not so?

It is by no means clear from his report but if they won the case I stand corrected!

But if they did loose it seems rather strange for Mr Tilbrook to want to bring it back to people's attention, and to say you can make some money.
    Last edited by butterfly effect; 22-02-2012 at 06:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by butterfly effect View Post
    I have been reading some of Mr Tilbrook's blog and he has recently put this on there

Robin Tilbrook: Anti-English discrimination? SUE!!!

As part of the preamble he says;

"If you encounter anti-English discrimination, in any form SUE, help the Cause and also make yourself some money!"

I understood that Mr Tilbrook acted for the claimaints but they lost the case and the two EDP members ended up paying costs!

Is this not so?

It is by no means clear from his report but if they won the case I stand corrected!

But if they did loose it seems rather strange for Mr Tilbrook to want to bring it back to people's attention, and to say you can make some money.
    The two EDP members, Lawrence Williams and Steve Uncles, had to pay 7,500 costs.

As Uncles had fought to bring the case in the first place, and yet his evidence was not taken as reliable by the judge (see paras 7 and 8 and the final summing up - Williams and the bank manager were deemed credible witnesses, Uncles and the bank clerk were not), Uncles paid up.

Lawrence Williams has since left the English Democrats.

Another victory for the towering legal genius that is Robin Tilbrook.........

If that is the case, and I do not doubt your honesty, why would Mr Tilbrook build it up as a victory AND tell people that they can make money from doing it?

I imagine that the legal-eagles made money but the claimants didn't.

Maybe he thinks that future claimants will be more credible than Mr Uncles!

If that is the case, and I do not doubt your honesty, why would Mr Tilbrook build it up as a victory AND tell people that they can make money from doing it?

I should think that last point's a given, wouldn't you?

As for the things that Mr Tilbrook tells his members..........no comment

What Mr Rob has stated is exactly as I heard it from a 100% reliable source.

I am as puzzled as you are - why someone should urge legal action on the basis of one 'drawn' case, which resulted in costs against the plaintiffs, is a total mystery...
    "...the forum's juvenile delinquent" and occasional user of "coarse language"...

It just seems rather odd that if Robin Tilbrook is standing for election as London Mayor he should choose to highlight a legal case which the EDP not only failed to win but where Steve Uncles, his South East Area Chairman was not, we are led to understand, believed and ended up paying out over 7,000.

(If any of that is wrong please correct and I will apologise)

The EDP has done its best to keep it quiet for well over a year and yet just ten weeks before the Mayoral elections Tilbrook stirs it all up again.

He shoots, he scores!

Ooops, wrong net!

Quote Originally Posted by ANGLO-STAFFS View Post
    Tilbrook stirs it all up again.

He shoots, he scores!

Ooops, wrong net!
    Tehe he! Like it!

Must play for Brighton & Hove Albion.