Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: The ‘workshy’ face a wage of ‘JSA + Expenses’ (Every Little helps)

Trusted Member

The only way is the Tradionalist way, anyone else is stupid or naieve. I'm guessing you have become very wealthy with that quality of thinking.

Personally I find its' best to deal with reality, not to make excuses for failure but if your approach makes you happy, you stick to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Traditionalist View Post
    Politicans are in the hands of big business.
    You would either be very nieve of very stupid to think otherwise.
    And yes you can do nothing about it.
    And if had work got you anyway people who worked in scafolding yards would now be running the country.

Quote Originally Posted by CB100 View Post
    The only way is the Tradionalist way, anyone else is stupid or naieve. I'm guessing you have become very wealthy with that quality of thinking.

Personally I find its' best to deal with reality, not to make excuses for failure but if your approach makes you happy, you stick to it.
    The best way to deal with reality is to accept it not pretend it is some thing it is not, even if it gives you comfort to do so.
    My lack of wealth isnt through lack of hardwork.

Trusted Member

All good then.

The best way to deal with reality is to accept it not pretend it is some thing it is not, even if it gives you comfort to do so.
    My lack of wealth isnt through lack of hardwork.

Trusted Member Baron von Lotsov's Avatar

I was talking to someone last night who had done unemployment courses organised by the government in the past. One was learning how to shoot, which is a great little course if you have ambitions of being a bank robber. I can't think of many other occupations that this would count as a benefit, except perhaps the army. Other courses were similarly recreational and involved doing various games out in the woods. You don't have to be unemployed to do this by the way, you can pay a company about £500 and they will sort you out on one of these adventure days. Actually many people who work in councils also get to go on them. It just leaves me wondering if the people who run these courses are just a little bit too close to the government. On the radio today one listener convert to this new government wisdom felt that "anything" the unemployed do to get them out of bed is a good thing. I wonder if this is true.
    MODERATION The ermine out of moderation never eats but once a day

Trusted Member

I suppose it depends on who they've got in bed with them at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Baron von Lotsov View Post
    On the radio today one listener convert to this new government wisdom felt that "anything" the unemployed do to get them out of bed is a good thing. I wonder if this is true.

Quote Originally Posted by Baron von Lotsov View Post
    I was talking to someone last night who had done unemployment courses organised by the government in the past. One was learning how to shoot, which is a great little course if you have ambitions of being a bank robber. I can't think of many other occupations that this would count as a benefit, except perhaps the army. Other courses were similarly recreational and involved doing various games out in the woods. You don't have to be unemployed to do this by the way, you can pay a company about £500 and they will sort you out on one of these adventure days. Actually many people who work in councils also get to go on them. It just leaves me wondering if the people who run these courses are just a little bit too close to the government. On the radio today one listener convert to this new government wisdom felt that "anything" the unemployed do to get them out of bed is a good thing. I wonder if this is true.
    Anyone who sits at home and worries about getting the unemployed out of bed is not right in the head.

Trusted Member

I doubt they are at home whilst doing their worrying. They are probably at work so they get paid for doing their worrying.

Personally I think worrying is an over rated past time. It's much better to relax and enjoy life rather than waste time worrying.

Anyone who sits at home and worries about getting the unemployed out of bed is not right in the head.

Quote Originally Posted by CB100 View Post
    I doubt they are at home whilst doing their worrying. They are probably at work so they get paid for doing their worrying.

Personally I think worrying is an over rated past time. It's much better to relax and enjoy life rather than waste time worrying.
    Ringing radio stations while at work?

Trusted Member Baron von Lotsov's Avatar

He sounded like a bit of an older chappie. Perhaps he was retired. There seems to be a bit of a disconnect between the old and the young. In the old days, if you had a degree you could walk into a job just like that and there was some sort of work ethic, most likely a throwback to Victorian times. These days there are many people without proper jobs but intelligent all the same. One person locally I met has a PhD in physic and has never done a proper job in his life. Often people with higher degrees complain that everywhere they get told they are over-qualified. An interesting statistic I found out the other day was that 70% of jobs are got though personal contacts. People who are not in the loop don't have these personal contacts and so life is grim for them. I think some people don't fit into the way business is these days where much of it is cheating. I can see why someone who is over-qualified or too ethical would have employment problems. All the focus is on the supposed 'workshyness' of the unemployed, but I think quite a bit of the problem is in recruitment. Most jobs are advertised through agencies and their stories are legendary in unemployment circles. Their adverts make little sense.
    MODERATION The ermine out of moderation never eats but once a day

Trusted Member

People that call into talk shows on the radio are much more likely to be bored than worried.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast