Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: The ‘workshy’ face a wage of ‘JSA + Expenses’ (Every Little helps)

As the creative section of British industry shrinks even further and the numbers of supermarkets increase seemingly exponentially especially with the fairly recent additions of such as Lidl and Aldi. When this is allied to the growth of the even bigger sheds that is the B&Q types and retail parks with no civic content whatsoever but Pizza hut, McDonald's, Burger King etc. Are we reaching a point where we will have herds of people migrating like Wildebeest from the shop where they work to the shop where they actually shop for stuff made by the Chinese and across the far East, goods that are no longer made in the UK.
    I think Napoleon allegedly said the English are a nation of shop keepers, maybe so but this is getting bl00dy ridiculous
    "Hokahey! Nake nula wauŋ welo!"
    Save the World. Crush American Colonialism

Quote Originally Posted by CB100 View Post
    They hate having to take responsibility for their own predicament.

It's much easier to find other people to blame like employers that pay low wages. Then they can continue feeling like victims rather than what they really are - a big part of the problem.

If people only bought British made goods the UK's manufacturing industry would be much bigger than it is today and it would be employing many more people. And if consumers refused to buy consumer goods from China, India etc, how many UK companies would be importing their products for resale? That would be nil.

But UK consumers aren't responsible for this situation... apparently.... No, it's those "evil employers" paying low wages and employing "slave labour". Yawn....

Yeah, nothing to do with uk consumers demanding ever cheaper goods.

If there was consumer resistance to chinese goods then companies would avoid sourcing there.

People are very happy to blame others for their predicament like morson does. I made the point in another thread that many people moan about immigrants who work but no one puts the blame on indigenous slacker and this troll has followed me around the forums ranting that i am a racist, which i am not, and this is why i get on his case. I will not tolerated being called a racist by a racist doleite.
    Gay or Straight, show your pride. http://www.gaytoz.com/gay_pride_dates.asp

Trusted Member Francis Overdere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by potemkin View Post

If there was consumer resistance to chinese goods then companies would avoid sourcing there.

People are very happy to blame others for their predicament like morson does. I made the point in another thread that many people moan about immigrants who work but no one puts the blame on indigenous slacker and this troll has followed me around the forums ranting that i am a racist, which i am not, and this is why i get on his case. I will not tolerated being called a racist by a racist doleite.
    Well it's nice to meet so many people who have never ever purchased foreign produced goods when a British one was available even though the British one was more expensive.

Of course,if someone in another country is able to produce what you sell (Be it your labour or anything else.) at a much cheaper price,you will be quite happy to halve your prices and accept a muich lower living standard for the good of the country. Well done.
    This is England and .....

(Member of the Association of White Posters.)

I think it is blatantly obvious from the the choices this governement has taken, that they are either in the pockets of "Big Business" or naively think that huge multi-nationals are the ones to pull us out of this recession. I doubt they are so naive and I strongly doubt that they had the interests of the ordinary man and woman in mind when they decided which direction they wanted to take the country. They could have introduced tax cuts and other benefits for small businesses(by small I mean a business such that would fit the criteria required to afford it such tax cuts, however that is worked out, and not small business as generally defined), to spur new growth from below but instead they opt for putting tax payers money into the hands of share holders in these massive companies. Then they start to talk about people on benefts and how much money is being given to them in a crude attempt to draw attention away from the terrible things they are doing to the honest hard working people of this country. Bearing in mind that we would not have such a deficit had their friends in the banking industry not been "bailed out". Vodafone's tax bill back in 2010, had they actrually paid it, would have covered the deficit 30 times over! Why is there no rioting in the streets? Oh wait, there was. It's just that the inner city kids are so badly educated that they didn't know what they were rioting about. Now the metropolitan police use this as an excuse to rifle through the pockets of whomever they see fit and ride rough-shod over our civil liberties. If Vodafone, and whoever else this is applicable to, were made to pay their fair f@*%ing share then we would have plenty of money to invest in new jobs and infrastructure. Where is the strong hand of government in these times of austerity? That's right, twisting the arm of the less well off and telling us "We're all in this together." The only difference is, some of us are more "in it" than others...
    Last edited by DrSpooglemon; 01-03-2012 at 09:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by potemkin View Post

You called the indigenous slackers! That sounds racist to me.
    We elect governments to end immigration and protect the economy from cheap Chinese goods.

Gardening Leave

Quote Originally Posted by Road_Hog View Post
    It is somewhat difficult to buy British stuff, especially clothes.

But this has been going on for years. I dug out an old multimeter the other day, which I'd bought in the very early '90s from Tandy. It was made in China and that is a good 20 years ago.

I bought a quality NorthFace jacket in the States back in 2001. It wasn't cheap, made in Bangladesh. A quality Berghaus fleece bought at Christmas, made in Indonesia.

Reebok are the worst, plastering their trainers with Union Jacks, none of which appear to be made in Britain. And Next (the retailer), they used to sell quality stuff back in the '80s. It's complete tat now, we have one right next door to a Matalan and you can walk from one to the other and there is absolutely no difference in the quality of the clothing. The only way that you know you're in Next is the price tag.
    Even Barbour, storm sweater, made in turkey, but good quality, shirts made in India, great cut and finish, some jackets are still made in the uk, but the new silkoil jackets are prone to tearing.
    Silkoil jackets are made elsewhere I don't recall where!!
    best to buy the heavy weights, they are made in the uk!!

Trusted Member

Except that indigenous in UK is a very wide ethnic mix now.

Quote Originally Posted by Traditionalist View Post
    You called the indigenous slackers! That sounds racist to me.

Trusted Member

This sounds like the usual "victim" culture analysis. It's all a big conspiracy. Politicians in the pockets of big business and doing down the general public for their own financial gain. "We are all powerless to do anything about it". All that's left to the public is rioting for increased welfare benefits and looting shops....

In the real world, for those that have a good education and relevant skills, it's just a question of working hard and then there is no need to make up conspiracy theories and flimsy excuses for criminal behaviour.

Quote Originally Posted by DrSpooglemon View Post
    I think it is blatantly obvious from the the choices this governement has taken, that they are either in the pockets of "Big Business" or naively think that huge multi-nationals are the ones to pull us out of this recession. I doubt they are so naive and I strongly doubt that they had the interests of the ordinary man and woman in mind when they decided which direction they wanted to take the country. They could have introduced tax cuts and other benefits for small businesses(by small I mean a business such that would fit the criteria required to afford it such tax cuts, however that is worked out, and not small business as generally defined), to spur new growth from below but instead they opt for putting tax payers money into the hands of share holders in these massive companies. Then they start to talk about people on benefts and how much money is being given to them in a crude attempt to draw attention away from the terrible things they are doing to the honest hard working people of this country. Bearing in mind that we would not have such a deficit had their friends in the banking industry not been "bailed out". Vodafone's tax bill back in 2010, had they actrually paid it, would have covered the deficit 30 times over! Why is there no rioting in the streets? Oh wait, there was. It's just that the inner city kids are so badly educated that they didn't know what they were rioting about. Now the metropolitan police use this as an excuse to rifle through the pockets of whomever they see fit and ride rough-shod over our civil liberties. If Vodafone, and whoever else this is applicable to, were made to pay their fair f@*%ing share then we would have plenty of money to invest in new jobs and infrastructure. Where is the strong hand of government in these times of austerity? That's right, twisting the arm of the less well off and telling us "We're all in this together." The only difference is, some of us are more "in it" than others...

Except that indigenous in UK is a very wide ethnic mix now.
    How can the "indigenous" be a wide ethnic mix?
    By definition they are not.
    The none indigenous population is around 15% last I checked.

This sounds like the usual "victim" culture analysis. It's all a big conspiracy. Politicians in the pockets of big business and doing down the general public for their own financial gain. "We are all powerless to do anything about it". All that's left to the public is rioting for increased welfare benefits and looting shops....

In the real world, for those that have a good education and relevant skills, it's just a question of working hard and then there is no need to make up conspiracy theories and flimsy excuses for criminal behaviour.
    Politicans are in the hands of big business.
    You would either be very nieve of very stupid to think otherwise.
    And yes you can do nothing about it.
    And if had work got you anyway people who worked in scafolding yards would now be running the country.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast