Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Legal letter recieved

Default Legal letter recieved

img077.jpg
    As per the forum rules, I am publishing this letter that was received earlier. Please note that we have acted upon the request. However, for anyone else considering this route for dealing with an issue, I would like you to note the following:

• Sending a letter is the absolute slowest way to get a problem dealt with; use the built-in complaints system. If I had been on holiday, this letter could have been sat by my letterbox for two weeks.
    • When making a complaint, include a link to the specific posting. In this case, he attached a barely readable printout. I then had to guess which of the postings in the thread was the subject of the complaint.
    • Include details about why you are complaining. Just saying that something is 'libel' doesn't mean that we necessarily agree or know why it might not be true.
    • Don't expect us to reveal personal details about forum users. If you want us to breach the data protection act, get a court order.
    • Don't claim that I have 'permitted the publication of a libel'. That's utter nonsense if you haven't already informed us of it.
    • Don't tell us how to deal with infringements of the rules. The moderators are perfectly capable of judging the appropriate action to take.
    Anthony Butcher - Parish Councillor for Long Ashton: http://anthonybutcher.com
    --
    Regional Top-Up - a new electoral system for Britain - http://www.regionaltopup.co.uk

Crikey! ...I've just positively repped the site owner.

Well, that explains something.

Well said Mr. Butcher .. I think the credibility of such a "legal" letter was exposed once before for what it is.

Mr Butcher repped.
    "...the forum's juvenile delinquent" and occasional user of "coarse language"...

Trusted Member

I wonder what Tilbrook's of Ongar charged for sending this letter?

As my quick google search shows Tilbrook's of Ongar is formally used as an address for The English Democrats http://www.electoralcommission.org.u...-UKPGE2010.pdf I suspect something close to nothing.

That probably won't concern the partners too much as The Law Society shows the following:

http://www.lawsociety.org.uk/choosin...4&searchType=L

Number of offices: 1
    Number of regulated principals in this organisation: 1
    Number of regulated principals at this office: 1
    Number of solicitors and lawyers at this office: 1
    The 1 being Mr Robin Tilbrook, leader of The English Democrats.

Why is Tillbrook's apostrophised?

Quote Originally Posted by Road_Hog View Post
    Why is Tillbrook's apostrophised?
    I assume it's to indicate Tilbrook's practice.

Tilbrook looks a bit strange - and Tilbrooks makes it sound as if there's more than one Tilbrook.

Doesn't really need one though, does it?

I can think of other things to call it, but I might get a letter then...
    "...the forum's juvenile delinquent" and occasional user of "coarse language"...

Quote Originally Posted by SteveShark View Post
    I assume it's to indicate Tilbrook's practice.

Tilbrook looks a bit strange - and Tilbrooks makes it sound as if there's more than one Tilbrook.

Doesn't really need one though, does it?

I can think of other things to call it, but I might get a letter then...
    I have looked at many other solicitors on line and can't one other that is apostrophised. All the others if they are not companies etc. would put it as,

Tilbrook - Solictiors

The former being the practice name and latter being a description of what they practice.

Quote Originally Posted by Road_Hog View Post
    I have looked at many other solicitors on line and can't one other that is apostrophised. All the others if they are not companies etc. would put it as,

Tilbrook - Solictiors

The former being the practice name and latter being a description of what they practice.
    Yes, Tilbrook - Solicitors looks OK now that you've written it.

Perhaps the apostrophised version is meant to look cute and cuddly.

Having dealt with a couple quite extensively over a short time - as executor of my father's will and selling our properties in the UK - solicitors need to do something about their image...

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast