For the avoidance of doubt, and not exclusively, please find the 'rules' of the forum below.
- No link spamming - i.e. don't post the same link multiple times.
- No multiple posting - i.e. don't post the same thing in more than one thread. That includes continually trying to redirect other topics on to your pet subjects.
- No innapropriate language. If you can't make your point without being offensive, you don't have a point.
- No threads/posts specifically designed to defame individuals - play the ball, not the man.
- Sarcasm is OK, so is taking the rip. Personal attacks are not.
- No trolling, which is deliberately taking threads off-topic.
- Keep threads on-topic. If you want to discuss a related issue, start a new thread. Moderators may delete/edit off-topic postings.
- Owners/mods cannot view all posts. All complaints regarding post content must be made using the 'complaints' area. Complaints made through any other channel (email or PM) are 'unofficial' and may not receive any attention.
- Posters are responsible for content of their posts and should be in a position to stand by any of their claims through publicly providing proof of any allegation. (i.e "I have an original e-mail" is no good if you won't/can't post it)
- Unsubstantiated 'facts' which may be potentially libellous may be snipped without reference to the original poster.
- Mods may edit any post as they see fit without reference to the original poster to maintain overall standards of the forum and to ensure legality, and to satisfy any reasonable complaints made.
- Posters will not accuse people of criminal or illegal behaviour. If you think that someone has done something illegal, contact the police or the appropriate authority. The forum is an entirely inappropriate place for such accusations.
- Claims that someone is being investigated by the police must be accompanied by a valid case number or other unchallenged documentary evidence.
- You will not abuse the moderators for doing their job. You can argue, criticise and complain, but abuse will not be tolerated.
- Threats of legal action against the forum, the owner or moderators will result in an instant, permanent ban. From that point on, we will no longer respond to any communication other than official legal documents.
- All legal documents sent to the owner will be published on this forum.
- We do not allow the setting up of multiple identities ('sockpuppets') on the forum, and will ban them when brought to our attention. Exceptions may be made for the use of retrieving lost log in details.
- Racist postings may result in an instant permanent ban.
- You must not link to racism supporting sites, including the BNP website and affiliated websites.
- You must not list anyone else's personal details, including home address and phone number.
- Cut & Pastes - please do not cut & paste whole articles but rather use a link to where the article can be found. The use of a couple of selected paragraphs may be used to back-up your argument. Posts should contain more than just a link.
- We are generally more lenient towards long term members who have shown their value to the community. New members posting deliberately provocative topics, or trolling threads, are likely to receive an immediate ban.
All complaints regarding post content must be made using the 'complaints' system. Complaints made through any other channel (email, letter or PM) are 'unofficial' and may not receive any attention. To report a post, click on the small warning sign triangle below a post. This will allow you to quickly bring the post to the attention of the moderators. You must include a reason for wanting the post looked at and any evidence to back up your claim. We will then act as quickly as possible to make a decision and resolve the issue.
Sending a Private Mail, email or letter to the owner (Anthony Butcher) is not acceptable and is the slowest possible way of getting a problem looked at. We get lots of email and there is every chance your complaint will get binned/ignored/spam filtered.
Not Psychic Disclaimer
You should report any problems as soon as you see them. There is no point complaining that we didn't take action about a posting six months later if you didn't tell us about it at the time. We are not psychic. Taking a screenshot of it for your personal use instead of reporting it doesn't help us in anyway; it merely confirms that you aren't that bothered about the post remaining live in the first place.
Don't Lawyer Up
Don't forget, the moment you threaten legal action is the moment you earn a lifetime ban from the forum and any further correspondence must be through your solicitor, which will cost you serious amounts of money. We are happy to help you, but we don't take threats kindly. We will also publish any legal threats on this forum.
Infractions are issued by moderators to help you understand where you have stepped outside the rules. They 'decay' after 30 days, so are not permanent. If you receive three active infractions, the software will automatically give you a week's holiday from the forum to contemplate what you are doing wrong. Please don't bother appealing against infractions - it is a waste of your time and ours. Moaning about infractions is likely to earn you another one; you have been warned.
Your personal privacy is taken seriously. We will not reveal any personal information submitted in secret without a court order (name & email address). However, there may be circumstances in which limited, non-private information may be revealed, such as IP addresses, log-in times, posting records and so on.
You will occasionally receive an email from the site administrator (Anthony Butcher) regarding significant changes to the site, especially leading up to major political events such as national elections. Usually this is about once per year! If you absolutely cannot cope with this annual email, then you can opt-out by changing the setting here:
Uncheck the option for 'Receive Email from Administrators'.
All content posted on the message boards gives unlimited copyright permission to the forum owner; it may be used on the forum, copied and commented on by other users . You do not have the right to demand that your postings are deleted and generally we will not do so because it will damage the flow or sense of existing conversations.
'Closing' your account
If you wish to leave the forum at any point, all you need to do is stop posting. There is no facility for deleting your account and we won't remove all of your posts - they are a little part of British political history now. We don't hold any personal information about you.