Thread: Tonight On TV: Memories Of The Suffragette Emily Davison

Default Tonight On TV: Memories Of The Suffragette Emily Davison

Do not miss Find My Past' tonight. This week's episode focuses on the suffragette Emily Davison: a militant women's suffrage who died after running straight at the King's horse in 1913. I am sure you will find it very interesting as Emily Davison did everything she could to gain the right of women to vote and to run for office. The trailer can be viewed at Find My Past: Suffragettes - YouTube

In this week's episode Philippa Bilton, Katy Arnander and Matt Jopling find out they share a connection to suffragette Emily Davison, The episode airs tonight on Yesterday at 9pm and is repeated daily throughout the following week. Yesterday can be found at Sky channel 537, Virgin TV channel 203 and Freeview channel 12 and there is more info about the series at Find My Past and their Facebook page athttp://www.facebook.com/YesterdayTVC...71762479512251

Trusted Member

There's a plaque in parliament to commerate Emily Davison. It was conceived by Tony Benn after noticing that there was hardly anyone with a picture or statue on parliament who even believed in universal suffrage.